The Global Experience Requirement is a hallmark of the Global Communities program. It is a 3-credit course that enables students to deepen their knowledge of a global issue and/or a different culture through an immersive experience. Global Communities staff work closely with students to support their pursuit of a global experience that meets their individual academic, professional, and personal goals
1. The Global Experience Details:
In the second year, students must earn at least a C- in a 3-credit course that meets the Global Experience requirement and complete a second-year Capstone.
There are four (4) options for the Global Experience Course:
- Education Abroad
- Global Service
- Internship (Global - Oriented)
- Experiential Courses (Global - Oriented)
2. How to complete the Capstone?
- Steps to complete the GC Capstone
- Login to ELMS-Canvas
- Go to the course "GC ELMS"
- Select "Assignments"
- Go to "Capstone Submission"
- Select your entering class page for submission instructions
If you have any issues accessing this ELMS-Canvas course page please email globalcommunities [at] umd.edu.
- Submit your Global Experience Capstone & ePortfolio.
3. Apply for your GC Notation (Following the completion of steps 1 and 2)