The Global Experience Requirement is a hallmark of the Global Communities program. It is a 3-credit course that enables students to deepen their knowledge of a global issue and/or a different culture through an immersive experience. Global Communities staff work closely with students to support their pursuit of a global experience that meets their individual academic, professional, and personal goals.
- The Global Experience Details:
- In the second year, students must earn at least a C- in a course that meets the Global Experience requirement and complete a second-year Capstone.
- How to complete the Capstone?
- Join the GC Elms course. If you did not receive the invitation please contact globalcommunities [at] umd.edu
- Complete your Global Experience
- Submit your Global Experience Capstone and ePortfolio
- The ePortfolio is due in April of the second year unless you have been granted an extension on the Global Experience requirement
Apply for you GC Notation (Following the completion of steps 1 and 2)
EXTENSION REQUEST: If you plan to complete your Global Experience after your second-year please email Dr. Haufler and globalcommunities [at] umd.edu to request an extension.
Global Experience Course (3-credit) consists of four options:
01/13/2021 - 2:50 pm